The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Cairns Holiday DAY 4

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
We woke up this morning and had a lovely pancake & fruit breakfast on the patio. It was a lovely way to spend Mother's Day morning! It was nice for Mum to have most of her children around, and it was nice for me to have my girls and be with my mum, and it was nice for Debbie as she was a mum-to-be! Phew!

We decided a pamper session was ideal for Mum so we gave her a 'voucher' from all of us and we planned to pamper Mum later in the week. I had to wait till later in the day to get my presents from my girls as Rick had to pick Bella's present up from kindergarten while we were here and bring it up with him later today. Today we headed into town. While Debbie went to the airport to meet Rick, we all went for coffee to an internet cafe so Raelene & I could catch up on our emails, do banking, etc. Then Rick arrived and it was so great to see him! The girls were very excited and all had big cuddles for ages!

We had some more coffee before heading off to the pier for lunch. We went to the Boardwalk cafe which overlooks the Marlin Marina and Trinity Bay. Such a lovely spot.


After lunch we walked around the Esplanade and over to The Lagoon. This place is amazing! (Click on the links to see the pictures.) The kids absolutely loved it here - it was like a big beach and pool combined.
Such a safe and fun way to swim. Raelene and Mum were too busy checking out the life guards though! Yet another free entertainment feature of Cairns that appealed to me. This place must be wonderful in the Summer months and I imagine people make use of it all night long. We all had a swim until the kids were totally exhausted, then we headed home. Isabella was now able to give me the presents she made for me at Kinder. It was such a lovely surprise.... I got a laminated poster of our hand prints with a gorgeous poem, a very cute flower magnet with a photo of Isabella in it that she decorated herself, a handwritten card and homemade macaroons!! She had been very busy. The picture she drew is of me swinging on the clothes line! Notice all the pegs (and all my legs!) :)

I just love those sorts of presents and had to try very hard not to cry! She was so very proud of herself. I also got a hematite heart necklace that Rick picked up on behalf of the girls.

We ended up having another swim in Debbie's pool before dinner. We then had a relax
ing night as he had a big day planned for tomorrow.
Day 4 photos can be seen here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker