The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

"The best rester"




Tonight over dinner I noticed that Isabella had a smiley stamp on her wrist. I asked her why she had a stamp on her arm and this was our conversation:

Glenda - "How come you have a stamp on your arm Bella?"
Isabella - "Today at kinder, I was the best rester".
G - "The best rester!! That sounds interesting"
I - "Yep, and there were 2 kids who weren't good resters so they didn't get a stamp. They were very naughty"
G - "Oh dear, well I am glad to hear that you were a good rester"
I - "Yep! And I was allowed to rest sitting up. Judy said it was OK that I sat up resting"
G - "Did all the kids have a rest today?"
I - "Yep, we were all so tired, it is a big day when we have to take our lunch. And we had the Easter Bunny visit while we were resting. It was so fun!"

It was just such a cute conversation. She really loves her kindergarten and I am so glad we moved her. Today is their 4 hour session and they normally take their own snacks for morning tea, but on Thursday's the teachers like everyone to bring lunch as well so the children learn how to seperate morning tea from lunch in preperation for school next year. I think it is great and so do the children! Isabella loves having a lunch box full of options and feels like such a big kid having the responsibility to seperate things for morning tea and lunch.

Here are some photos of Isabella after kinder today. She was so proud of her bunny easter basket and her bunny ears. The children had an easter egg hunt today and we won second prize in the easter raffle and won a huge hamper full of goodies!!

I had a look through another school today. We were 99% sure we were going to send Isabella to a local Catholic School but I thought I would check out some state schools as I didn't want to rule them out. Well, this one blew me away and now we are leaning toward the state school. It has the same amount of kids as the Catholic school but the grounds are about 4 times bigger! They have 2 ovals, 3 seperate play grounds for the different levels, 3 basketball courts / ashphalt area and a whopping full size basketball stadium / gym. Most of the buildings are brand new ( a fire occured 3 years ago) and the others have all been refurnished. They have over 70 computers for the kids - and with only 269 students that is excellent. Anyway, still have a few more schools to look and the benchmark is pretty high. The only thing I didn't like about this school was the colour of the uniform..... BROWN!! eeuuwww! LOL

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 14, 2006 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Emma said...

How cute the best rester lol.Good luck in chosing a school it is just sooo hard to pick the right one.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is enjoying being back at her old kindy. ;-) We have enrolled Jaz in her prep year for next year also. She is also going to a state school. It is a very good school and I suspect she will love it there since her two bestest friends are going too! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker