The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Curly Toes


Isabella had an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon last week at the Royal Children's Hospital. When she was born we noticed her 2nd and 3rd toes on both feet were crossed. We have come to affectionately call these her 'curly toes' :) The doctors assured me that it would probably sort itself out once she starts to walk and her toes would straighten. Well evidently they haven't! The surgeon thought that it was one of those 50-50 cases. They would operate if I wanted them to, but at this stage they don't feel it is something that NEEDS to be done. He gave me the option of booking it in there and then and I was a bit reluctant to put her through the drama of an anaesthetic if it was unnecessary. I did ask if it will affect her later in life and he said that crowding in certain shoes might be an issue. I just don't want her to develop calouses or anything. I know the toes don't serve a purpose (apart from the big toe) so it is a really tough call. One he left up to me! He discussed with the registrar who was of the same opinion, but did want to see her again in 12 months time to see if there are any complications or the like. They said they would more than likely fix it then so that also left me wondering 'why don't we just do it now?'. So while it isn't causing her any grief we decided to leave it.
But you know, so what if Isabella has curly toes? At least she is healthy! Walking around that hospital makes you realise what really matters. Seeing all those sick and injured children battling along really puts a perspective on things. Makes you appreciate what you have even more!
Anyway... Isabella thinks her curly toes are so special and they make her giggle so much! She plays with them and makes them 'normal' only for them to POP back into place one on top of the other. She finds it hilarious! And funnily enough, I find Alex's normal feet odd to look at as I am used to Bella's 'curly toes' ! LOL

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 10, 2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger ^Abbey^ said...

awww, well i think her toes are cute!! I am glad she does not have to change them!! Great to hear she is great just the way she is :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker