The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Monday, February 13, 2006

21 months old !


Alexandra is quickly nearing 2 !! ARGHHHHH
Photos can be seen
HERE.
This month has gone super fast ! mainly because of the count down to Isabella returning to swimming, starting 4yo kindergarten and now dancing lessons. Alexandra takes it all in her stride and enjoys being a part of it all. She hates to leave the kinder room but we have duty later this month so she will revel in it all then.
She finally got her last eye tooth this month - now all we need are 2yo molars ! That tooth did cause her a bit of grief and she was a grumble-bum for a while but it doesn't last long and she is back to her cheeky self. She has the funniest personality... a real character this one! She has us ALL in stitches throughout the day and loves the attention. She just loves to sing... she sings all day long. Her favourite tunes are 'I'll be there" by Human Nature (which sounds a lot like 'IIIIIIII'll be thed') oh dear! She also loves "beautiful" by James Blunt but who doesn't!


Not much else to report on the developmental front. She is talking more and more and using heaps more sentences by the day. My favourite is still 'I love you mama' - awwww! I weaned her off her day breast-feed after the new year and she only has one before bed now. Although, I am starting to wean her from that too. I think it is time :) She still loves her boobies though so I think it will be a long process, but we will get there. It isn't an issue at all, but I think I am ready.

Alex started swim classes. Although she is really confident in the water and already swims underwater I thought she might benefit. After the first lesson I was a bit put off as she didn't seem to fit into the class as the others were all quite beginners. But the second week was a little better and the teacher realised she could do a bit more than the others so compensated. She swims on her own in a small ring and dives under constantly. A bit scary as times as she will just jump away from you and off she goes. In the bath she frightened me. I was cleaning the vanity while bathing the kids (multi-tasking!) and when I turned around Alex was face down in the water laying there! I ran over and poked her and she span around and sat up and shouted "I DID IT!". Silly bugger scared the life out of me and then continued to go under the water and stay under for 5 or so seconds swimming. Boy oh boy.

We went on a camping trip this month and it was a great success! Not camping in the true sense and roughing it like we used to do pre-children.. but caravan park 'camping' which is just super for kids. We are looking forward to our next getaway now - CAIRNS!! I really can't wait! We are going for 10 days and staying with my sister who is building a house on the edge of the Daintree Rain Forest....oh how lush! She is pregnant too so I can't wait to see her belly and talk all things baby! My younger sister is returning home from London this month and I am REALLY looking forward to seeing her. She has been gone for over 2 years and hasn't met Alexandra yet!!! So needless to say I am looking forward to having all my 3 sisters together again! It has been too long. Alex is almost at the age that Bella was when she left for London... so it will be a big shock to her to see Isabella all grown up.

Me - well all is well :) I have lost over 15kgs now and slowly but surely I will get to my goal. I don't want to lose it too fast as I have seen the results on other women of rapid weight loss - and all that skin is just not pretty! I would rather be chunky thanks!

Pretty much anything else exciting is all here in my blog :)

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 13, 2006 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Emma said...

OMG nearly 2!!!! She certainly is a joy of a child.These water babes can be fun but scary hey!
Cant wait to see how Bella's dancing goes.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger ^Abbey^ said...

awwwww! Aint she a shweeeety! She certainly has a passion for the water, she can be nick named the little mermaid!!LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker