The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

* Princess Isabella's Party *

Today Isabella had her 5th birthday party. We always wait until after the new year to have her party as the silly season seems to have tapered off a little!


Isabella asked for a princess party with a castle cake this year. Naturally, I didn't expect anything else!

She also made it quite clear that she didn't want any boys at her party this year... quite clear on that. But I did manage to persuade her to invite one other little boy so the twin brother of one of her closest friends had someone to play with! Then of course there were the younger siblings so there ended up being a handful of boys anyway. All up I think we had 25 kids here....! What was I thinking!

It was a fun day and all the kids seemed to have a lot of fun. Despite the skies going very dark right on start time and a couple of bouts of rain fall. The kids didn't care and when it stopped raining they were back in the yard. And of course, right at end time the sun came out! LOL


The kids played pin the horn on the unicorn, pass the parcel and we also battled with a pinata that didn't want to bust!! With a bit of help from Dad we finally bust it! (Although I had to hold it in the end as the first thing to break was the hanger!).


The castle cake was fun to do! Took me all night to decorate but it was worth it... I love dabbling in novelty cakes. Isabella's face in the morning made it worth it too. She couldn't believe it was for her!



After a busy day we sent all the kids home 'sugared up' and put Bella and Alex to bed early, and Rick and I weren't far behind!

3 Comments:

At Friday, January 19, 2007 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Clifton Kids said...

What a great party Glenda ... The cake looks just Awesome !! Bella is such a big grown up girl now :(

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful job on the cake! I can't imagine having that many kids at a party! Kristen is turning 5 in May...not sure what we're going to do there but I think she wants a princess party. Either that or Power Rangers LOL

 
At Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:43:00 AM, Blogger :::Melanie::: said...

Oh that party looked like so much fun! Wish I could have been there! :) Love all their little dresses and you did a fantastic job on the cake!

Just wanted to let you know that I also tagged on you on my blog!

Come see:

http://keemackaymom.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker