The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Tulips..Tulips... everywhere!



This week I took the kids to the Tesselaar Tulip Festival in Silvan. It was such a lovely day and being 'kids day' they got a free potted plant to take home. They also did a gnome hunt and joined in numerous other entertainment.


Having lived in Holland for 15 months I always love these festivals .... mainly to get my dose of Poffertjes and croquettes!

I especially loved watching all the children run through the fields of tulips! Such a gorgeous site and the colour combinations are extraordinary. I particularly liked the dark purple tulips as they looked almost black. There was this one white tulip growing in the middle of them which was a contrast!



Here is my little garden gnome going for a wander (with half eaten croquette in hand!)


You can see more photos here.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker