The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

PREGNANCY UPDATE !!

Well I am now 18w3d pregnant! And boy hasn't it flown??!

I started feeling good about 2 weeks ago as the nausea settled and t
he tiredness isn't too bad now. So I am really enjoying having a belly full of arms and legs :) I have been feeling more and more movements - no kicks yet though. Still those flips and flops and the occasional flutter. I had my scan at 12w4d and I totally forgot to send the update I did, so here it is:

I had a scan at 12w5d and all was well! It took over an hour as bubs wasn't co-operating at all. It was lying upside down and the technician couldn't get a good picture so after jumping up and down for a while and then emptying my bladder it helped!

All the necessary measurements seemed good and he had no concerns. I had the blood test screening for Down's and I haven't heard back from my doctor so I am assuming that I am low risk.


Bubs was so cute.... hiding his/her face most the time but gave a few waves. The technician was a bit of a loss what to do with my dates though - I was 12w5d but bubs was measuring 13w6d ! He said had I not had the earlier scan he would change my EDD but the earlier scan (at 8.5 weeks) would be more accurate.
Regardless... I am due somewhere end of August / early Sept. As we know - not an exact science! Especially when I have no idea of conception LOL

Anyway, starting to feel better although the vomiting hits me at random times now - like last night. Expanding a lot more now and even though I am almost 4 months I am still in shock LOL

Belly pic at 14w1d


So that was a while ago now..... here are some recent belly pics. It feels nice to actually look pregnant and not just rounder.


I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and all my blood tests / screening were fine. My uterus height is also measuring spot on and everything else is great. My scan isn't until after Easter and I will be 20 weeks... I am so excited!

I bought rick a nice t-shirt which he takes pride in wearing :)

The girls are so excited now and Isabella loves asking me everyday how big the baby is now. I can't wait to see how Alexandra goes with a new baby - I am sure she will be doting but hopefully won't mind giving up mummy too much! Rick is also loving my belly-buddy. Now that the shock of actually being pregnant has 'almost' worn off (!) we are so excited and happy. Thankfully at this point we won't need to buy a new car - but the house might be on the market in the next year or so I think!!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:44:00 PM, Blogger :::Melanie::: said...

Great pictures Glenda! You are glowing :) I loved being pregnant, well when I did it the first 2 times around. Something about those flutters and kicks and knowing a "real" baby is in there...so special :) Cute about the girls being excited and I LOVE that t-shirt you bought for Rick! Wish I could have found something like that around here for Mike.

I am so happy that things are going well and look forward to more pictures and updates :)

huggs Mel

 
At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 9:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your belly is ridin' high! :) Looks like another girl! Are you goin to find out what the sex is at your 20w ultrasound? Lookin' great Glenda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker