The Bray Clan!

A blog about our family!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Our Scan

Well we had our 20 week scan over the weekend :) Still coming to terms with actually being pregnant - let alone HALF WAY!!!!!!
The girls were more excited than anyone I think! They LOVED seeing the knees and feet and watching it kick. They also had such a giggle when the doctor was measuring the head and bubs started scratching the back of it's head!

Everything looks great... bubs is measuring only 5 days ahead now and the heart rate was 136bpm. So now do I think boy ?? At our 12 week scan bubs measured over 10 days ahead and heart rate was over 160bpm!! That got me thinking girl.... so who knows!!!!

I didn't find out the gender... but Rick did :) I didn't want him to really but he has as much right to find out just as I have as much right NOT to ! Rick also found out the sex with Isabella and managed to keep it a surprise so I have no problems this time.

We went to COGUS again but unfortunately the whole 3D thing was wasted this time as bubs had his or her face snuggled right up into the placenta and had one of his hands covering half it's face. Oh well. We did manage one good 3D pic very quickly. He was also kind enough to put the whole scan on DVD for us so we can watch it on our computer as well.

Feeling lots and lots of movements and kicks now. Still can't feel from them from the outside but I love snuggling up on the couch with my belly-buddy and feeling him or her doing somersaults and kicks :) Awwwww.

Here is the 3D picture...... ok, bubs looks a bit alien-like. Isabella and Alex were a bit unsure so I had to explain that it doesn't have chubby little cheeks yet :) You can see it's arm over it's face and the placenta it quickly turned away from.
Here is my new ticker.... it would have to be my most favourite of all of them on the net.


2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Glenda,glad all is OK with bubs. Hmmmmm boy or girl, I wonder...... how nice that Bella and Alex got to share in the special moment. Here's to another 20 trouble free and healthy weeks. Soon you will be holding a brand new baby! Selena
xxxx

 
At Saturday, April 28, 2007 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Kez said...

Yay Glenda - glad it's all going well! You look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker